Saturday, May 17, 2008

theStormrageBakr

Storm Over The Horizon....(Original work)

There rages a storm over the horizon,
A storm which takes the sea apart,
So violent that it daunts the soul,
So angry is it's voice, so cold
Hits the rock like a thousand demons would.

My father sings to me the disneyland lullaby,
but my heart is afraid,
Afraid of the cracking thunder
that rips the sky asunder.
Afraid it is of the fury
that is unleashed from the heavens
upon me and my brethrens.

My soul is like an incorrigible man,
It hopes against hope
that the storm would pass away.
It would not burn the trees,
wont harm the thatched roofs,
wont bring the grim reaper to my bay.

Alas but heavens had other plans,
the dance of death
it did dance.
Burned my village, all my brethren killed.
My father lying by the pool,
with my brother in his arms.
Alas but they donot breathe
for the water in their lungs.
Hopeless i watched from the perch,
As my village was swept away
By the terrible storm,
That raged over the horizon that day.

No comments: